Then I came back to civilization and blogged about it. You're welcome. I shall now tell you the real story.
The first part is true. I did go to the jungle to a place called Mindo. It was positively beautiful, and humid, humid, humid. The second part is also true. I met a handsome jungle man...actually, I met a lot of handsome jungle men. The soaring through the jungle wasn't actually on vines, as I'm sure you speculated. No, no, we used zip-lines. I've never done a legit zip-line before, so I was excited. There were 13 zip-lines with small hikes in between. The jungle men would put us on the cable and send us on our way. I did one of them upside down, in what is called the "Mariposa." It was fun, although my jungle man escort felt the need to swing me back and forth quite violently the whole way across. Um, excuse me, sir. I'm already upside down so please know that you can stop at any time. Thank you for your cooperation.
I can't figure out how to rotate this...
"The Mariposa"
Zip is ready to Zip-line baby.
I truly did get to know the butterflies when we went to a butterfly farm. Word of advice: don't put on bug spray before you go into a butterfly farm. It complicates things. We learned that butterflies are really smart insects. One of them, when it closes it's wings, looks like the head of a snake on one part of it's wing, and the face of an owl on another. Cool. This part of our excursion helped me to discover that I'm really afraid of butterflies. Don't judge.
We used fruit to attract the butterflies. Old, rotten bananas = gross.
I did not like this. At all. That smile is fake.
On the bottom left is the snake face, and the majority of the wing is the owl face. Cool, huh?
The last activity of the day was white water tubing down a river. We're not brave enough to go white water rafting. I guess it wasn't exactly a "raging river of death" and the injuries may have been merely mosquito bites. Painful, but I'll survive. The cold water was very refreshing on this hot and humid day in the middle of the jungle.
Jungle men....sigh....
Ready to go!
All the girls
Helmets. Super flattering. This was when I wished there weren't jungle men.
Let's make a deal...keep the middle paragraphs between you and me. No one has to know that I'm not really courting Tarzan...Thanks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment