Saturday, March 12, 2011

So much time!

You know what? I love the gym. 

I love when I have time to go. I love getting in a cute workout outfit. I love being around so many other people who are trying to become better and healthier. I love sweating my guts out and feeling like I'm going to puke, and then recovering and feeling so good for the rest of the day. I love feeling sore a day later, especially when it's my quads or abs. Crazy? Probably. 

I've just started going back to my cycling class a few times a week. I sure missed cycling when I was in Ecuador, and since I've been home I've just been too busy to go consistently. Now that I quit my job (oh yeah...I quit my job. Explanation to come.) I have a LOT of extra time on my hands. Not only that, one of my classes is cancelled for the entire month of March. So like I said, some of that extra time is being filled with gym time on a stationary bike, pumping my quads until they feel like they're going to set on fire at any moment. I'm going to get my fitness instructor certification this summer so that I can teach those classes. You're all invited! I should warn you though, my classes will be very difficult. But very fun. Muahaha. 

On another note, I quit my job! I am so incredibly happy. Last Saturday at work I had just HAD IT with anything and everything Tucanos. I was out back behind the kitchen, crying because of the stress, and I realized that the fact that I cry multiple times during every shift is probably a good indicator that it's time to be finished. I don't know why I didn't put two and two together sooner. So after my shift, I talked to my manager and he said I didn't even need to finish my two weeks if I didn't want to. Obviously, I didn't. Hallelujah! By Wednesday my uniform was turned in and I was outta there for good. What a happy, happy day that was. 

To all you ugly uniforms, sticky lemonades, cranky customers, unrolled silverware, skewers of meat, and that stench that made me permanently smell like meat for days...I bid you farewell. I will do my best never to think of you again. 


1 comment:

  1. I love cycling classes! When you are certified, where do you want to teach? Yay Olivia! I'm so glad you are happy now that you quit. I know what it's like to be unhappy with a job but I'm not brave enough to do something about it like you were. Um so what class got cancelled for a month? Sign me up for that :) haha

    ReplyDelete