The other day I went home to Alpine to spend the day with my dearest Mama Llama. Normally this entails sitting on the black bench in her tiny sewing room, occasionally rotating seats to fit one or two more daughters in the room, cherry picking the jelly belly jar that is only touched when I come home, discussing boys, school, and other important aspects of life, while intermittently giving opinions of her current sewing project, of which there are many. As she has said many times, "Why finish one quilt when you can start 3?"
During this particular visit, the wedding books that were purchased two years ago for Elizabeth's wedding were pulled off the shelf. We flipped through pages and pages of delicate and delicious-looking cakes, elegant wedding dresses, and bouquets of lovely flowers. Whether or not some girls are willing to admit it, I am ok with telling the world that I know exactly what I want my reception to be like. We'll save those details for another blog post, but for now just know that I have every minute detail planned out in my little noggin.
I came back to Provo to see my gorgeous roommate Annelise sitting in our room, and after she asked me what I did at home we started on a very long conversation of the details of our wedding receptions. At the end of this conversation, I realized that my mom and I had not covered one of the most, if not the most, important details of a marriage. The Ring.
We have now arrived at the reason for the post you are currently reading. Even though I know my ring will not be expensive (and I don't want it to be), I went to the one and only Tiffanys.com to look at their beautiful diamonds, although I don't think that the word "beautiful" even does them justice. Those rings are absolutely stunning. Some of them, a little old for me, but still breathtakingly dazzling. Initially I wasn't sure what kind of money Tiffany's was asking for in exchange for these shiny rocks, but I after very little surfing of this website I found that the lowest was $8,000. Just four semesters of tuition. That's all.
That shocked me. Don't worry though, there's more! I kept clicking through the pages, and prices kept going up, up, up. $32,000. The price of a used car, perfect for a college student such as myself. $58,000. An even nicer car. $105,000. The price of a house. $202,500. $325,000. $406,000. $695,000. $770,000. $1,500,000. Yes ladies and gentlemen, we just hit the millions. $2,100,000.
And the big whopper: $6,000,000. Mm hmmm. I promise you're reading that number correctly.
The picture you see above is that very ring. After running around my apartment screaming in astonishment, I sat down to think about who would actually buy this ring. A husband of one of the Desperate Housewives was about all I could think of, because I don't know anyone who would be comfortable or confident enough to wear that rock on their hand in public.
Disclaimer: If you're wearing that very ring as you read this, I'm sorry for any awkwardness that you may feel. Although, if you'd like to go out to lunch sometime and show it to me while we're there, I would really appreciate it, because let's be real. As gaudy and tacky as this particular ring may be, diamonds are a girls best friend.

18.44 carrots. Holy moly.
ReplyDeleteoh liv. you just cracked me up. this was a hilarious post. thank you for using the word: whopper. and also i love the disclaimer. muah!
ReplyDelete