I first and foremost need to address The Royal Wedding. Because school was over and I was still unemployed, I was able to watch all of the documentaries and such in the week preceding the wedding about everything involving British royalty. I learned all about Diana & Charles, Kate & Will, Harry (who has actually captured my interest a little bit), the Queen, the ring, the dress...everything. I think I watched a few documentaries twice. I highly considered waking up at 3:00am to watch the ceremony, but then correctly assumed that they would replay the wedding multiple times throughout the day. Realistically I just wanted to see Kate's oh-so-talked-about dress, which by the way was GORGEOUS. Is it wrong of me to want to be a princess? I would just love to be Kate, or I guess I should now say Princess Katherine.
Cinco de Mayo was muy bien this year. I don't think I've ever consciously celebrated it before, so this was fun for me. BJ and I tripled with BJ's cousin, Brandon, and friends. Brandon is going to culinary school in the fall, and is a very very very VERY good cook. He had marinated three different kinds of meat in something that I'm sure came from heaven. We made tacos, rice, and grilled pineapple, and for drinks had a fruit smoothie creation that topped every smoothie I've ever had. It was that good.
I was also acquainted with my outdoorsy self last night when we went to Utah Lake to do a bonfire with burgers, chips, a lot of candy, and pretty great beef jerky (I know I already posted about beef jerky, but seriously...that stuff is fabulous). Confession: I may have lied just now. I really felt like I was being a nature girl, you know with all that smelling like smoke and sitting on dirt kind of stuff. But apparently you're not an outdoorsy person until you're willing to use nature as your restroom. That was absolutely not going to happen, so I made BJ drive me over to the nearest bathroom. No big deal. Lucky for me, I don't really care if people think I'm not a nature person. I'm not, so deal with it.
One last thing - I apologize that I'm terrible at taking pictures. I'll work on it. Also, I hope that you have a GREAT day.
Livers... You are a delight. I love you and I love how darling you are. "you are LOVED" ...Bring back any Chemistry memories? Hope so! I stopped at the Chicago Airport on my way out to North Carolina and I thought of you the whole time. I loved that airport and the underground passage way thingy... STOLE MY HEART... I went as slow as possible and my camera was so happy about it. So thank your hometown for being soo nice to me.
ReplyDelete